Counting the earnings of Champions League stars on social media, Haaland couldn't even make it to the TOP 5
Japan-101 conducted a study identifying which football players participating in the Champions League earned the most money on social media.
The number of followers and engagement level of this year's most famous Champions League players were analyzed to determine how much each could earn per advertising post.
It turned out that PSG's star, Kylian Mbappe, is the most popular player in the Champions League: he has 109 million followers, and his posts average about two million likes. With an engagement level of 4.47%, the potential income for the French national team player per post is £76,465.
Interestingly, former Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos is in second place with £48,208.35.
On the other hand, Erling Haaland could only reach sixth place with earnings of £11,333. He is surpassed by Antoine Griezmann (£31,730), Toni Kroos (£27,480), and Paul Pogba (£51,040).
Here is the complete list:
- Kylian Mbappe – 109 million followers – £76,465.
- Sergio Ramos – 61.9 million followers – £48,208.
- Paul Pogba – 61.4 million followers – £51,040.
- Toni Kroos – 43.2 million followers – £27,480.
- Antoine Griezmann – 41.3 million followers – £31,730.
- Erling Haaland – 36.3 million followers – £11,333.
- Robert Lewandowski – 35.5 million followers – £20,326.
- Luka Modric – 33.3 million followers – £18,921.
- Kevin De Bruyne – 24.3 million followers – £12,818.03.
- Casemiro – 22.2 million followers – £10,617.
Published by Patrick Jane