Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What do you guys think of this?
Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

the 2 handballs were in no doubt penalties, some refs hesitate to call those but a penalty. the ones of drogba it seemed he goes down cheaply to minimal contact same for anelka. if the ref thought the first one was a foul then it should have been a penalty and not a free kick.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mate, leave the past be. What's gone, is gone. Barca beat Chelsea that year to win the CL, and Chelsea beat Barca last year to win the CL. Be happy with your trophy, since everyone knows that Chelsea had plenty of luck on their side (with both Robben and Messi missing penalties).

And we all know that match was one-sided for Barca, but that's what makes Chelsea winning against them last year so special. You got your revenge (but I have to say, John Terry intentionally went and kneed Alexis), and be happy with that. Just end the conversation here.

SvenBender6 11 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 1 38

I wonder why the ref could not even give one penalty after all those five POSSIBLE penalties,It was the most painful night for us or for me alone to say the least.But I blame the referee not Barca but until today it makes we wonder why he was really biased on that night.I heard UEFA did not want another English Final just for entertainment purposes,then there was a silly red card to give away to Abidal,I think he did that to cover up his mistakes(Ovrebro)but to think that the ''referee helped them''why would he(ovrebro)give the red card to Abidal?thats giving more disadvantage to Barca,so the red card was up to cover his mistakes or to not let the Chelsea players feel that he was not too biased to Barca,it was just poor refereeing by Ovrebro,UEFA was simply stupid to get this unexperienced referee to be in charge of a Champions League semi final.Maybe UEFA had something to plan,I have always thought that UEFA may be corrupt or msybe I am going a little too far?
I am new here by the way,pleasure to be part of this website and meeting you all :)

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Dystian: I will, but it's just the hate always goes to Chelsea. 2008 was a great match for us in Moscow and ManUtd deserve the CL I guess. 2009 should have been us going to the finals. 2012 was great, but yet again, Chelsea are being hated on by "parking the bus" in two matches. It's never a sunny day for Chelsea. Plus, this isn't directed at the Barca fans or Barca, but at my curiosity of what people think of it from a neutral point of view about those 6 calls for penalties.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

the referee in that match is awful you cant blame barcelona or chelsea. if chelsea won that match barcelona fan will be angry to chelsea accusing them they paid the ref

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Trollman

Parking the bus is an interesting tactic that Jose Mourinho himself invented. It's not a crime to "park the bus". It's the only logical tactic left to a team that doesn't have the proper squad to challenge Barca.

Look at it this way, Barca are a team you can expect to have 70-80% possession during the game. They will make you run and run, chasing the ball but taking it away from your grasp every time. And they always will. To beat them, you need a squad made to beat them. A clear example is Real Madrid. Madrid's only competition are Atletico, Valencia, and Barcelona. Atletico hasn't won against them in over a decade, they get draws and wins against Valencia, and that leaves only Barca. Madrid's entire squad was built to "overthrow" the Barcelona team under Pep Guardiola.

BUT, Real face Barca every year. They train for this. What about teams like Chelsea, who only face them once every four years or so? Should they train as much as Real for this? No. Simply because Barcelona are only their competition in the CL. What Chelsea do practice for are games against Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, etc (basically all these teams compete with Chelsea for more than 3 trophies). And that's what they should keep doing. So, when they face Barca, "parking the bus" is a brilliant tactic to stumble the Messi/Iniesta/Xavi regime. The 9 defenders are there to make sure that Barca can't get in those final passes into the box, and the lone striker is there to challenge any loose balls and be the spearhead of their counter-attack. It is not a shame to "park the bus". It's a brilliant last-resort tactic left to challenge one of the finest teams in the history of the game.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Just as trivia, Mourinho coined the phrase in English when he was complaining about Spurs, after we played defensively against his Chelsea. He said it was a well-known phrase in Portugal, and that he was disappointed in Tottenham for having used it.

Makes it much more ironic, doesn't it? :D

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Dynastian98, shut up kid, stop saying sh*t!

1. Robben missing penalty? Lier, Cech was incredible, that's not a miss, only dumbass can say that!
  2. Don't speak about this match, Barca made 1 target shoot and it was the Iniesta goal...
  3. Everyone was confused when the ref took those bad decisions and the ref want to stop his career after seeing the match.

It was a bad day for football and if you hate Chelsea, that doesnt change anything lassie!

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

@lodatz how hypocrite he was lol

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

HANDBALLS Penalties..
All the other NO for me..

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

It's up to you guys. All i'm gonna say is that if you think yes, you got your revenge.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Keisuke

As far as I'm concerned, I haven't said anything against Chelsea. And kindly speak using proper grammar, because I can't understand the sh*t you're saying. And don't try to cuss. Your disses are as bad as your grammar.

BidoneCR7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, England 2 17

Cristina Ronaldo definitely deserves bidone d'oro this year.Why? Let me sum it up for you.
Cristina can jump over a 5 chicken wall ( has done that in training) and is the only person in the world to catch a chicken that cant move.Has fought 1v3 against three huge dirty pigs in a death match and has come out alive...Also, the only person to defeat the flying pig into a 1 vs 1
His headers are out of this dimension as he can hit a watermelon with it, doubt he'll survive if he does that, but the point is, he can do it. His free kick mastery is perfected. He hits the wall 12/10 ( hits the wall again after the rebound). I'm telling you, he is amazing.Cristina's dribbling abilities are mesmerizing  He's become so good at dribbling that sometimes he dribbles himself in the process.He is not arrogant  like Messi, he goes to strip clubs and helps those poor strippers pay their bills. What a wonderful person.Pure role model.Lead her country to the Euros were he would have won it if Portugal didn't face ,Spain, France, Germany, Italy, England ( just kidding).She is handsome. This has nothing to do with football but I'll mention it anyway. She is so handsome that she has to look at herself in the mirror before every game. You jelly?You know what? She never chokes during important games. How can I tell? Ive never seen the medics rush there to help her breath.Best player ever...

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

1st no
2nd - 50/50
3rd - yes
4th no 
5th - also 50/50  when you're that close to a defender and when you kick the ball up like that and it hits the defenders arm some refs won't give it but some refs would
6th was definitely not- dno why ballack went that crazy it hit mostly the end of the tricep connecting the shoulder

overall the referee was a dumbass, there is no point in blaming a team and players. Why the fvck do you dwell on the past? What point are you trying to prove when you bring shit like this up? These kind of posts are what cause a never ending circle of pointless posts talking about conspiracies of how one team cheats. Just shut the fvck up and watch the beautiful game.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

2nd ya**
also this is a video of unfairness for just chelsea, i remember during those CL games there were ALOT of unfair calls for a lot of different teams. Theres a video on youtube that shows it if u want to check. Also if you really wanted to get a "neutral point of view" all you had to do was check the youtube comments, which are 1000's of "neutral" point of views. Putting it up here has other meaning to it.

Gustavo 11 years ago
Liverpool 2 234

All could be penalties. The two handballs are 50/50, as handballs are the most tricky.   First one, some say it would be harsh but the ref DID see a foul and he was inside the box so.... The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th one are indisputable to me. 

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

What hurts the most about that game is that we were playing attacking football and deserved to win the champions league on that year but the referee decided otherwise and not giving one of those penalties and not just that is that we lost for the only one shot on target during the match.. I was watching that match and was so happy till the second half added time.. but eh it's in the past now so we shouldn't really talk about it anymore.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@AlexBatak, you could've won against Barcelona, but I'm not sure if you could've won the CL cup with us in the way (final in 2008-09). Let's just say that Chelsea's attacking football could have won against Barcelona.