Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Werner subbed off after he couldn't handle the noise - First Time?
Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Today, during Beşiktaş - RB Leipzig game, Werner has come off after his airplugs he wanted at the first minutes didn't help him handle the atmosphere.
enter image description hereenter image description here
The German side is a very young team and playing their first away game in Champions League. Unfortunately for them, their first European away game has been against Beşiktaş. Since we are the loudest in the world, the youngsters were affected badly. Leipzig Coach told at the press conference that the crowd was something else and it prevented them from playing their game for the first 15-20 minutes.

Kampl: "I've played in many different stadiums and I've never seen such an atmosphere in my life. It was really amazing. Beşiktaş have some great fans."

Here is the video of Werner covering his ears.

This is Beşiktaş. We are unbeatable at home.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Today, during Beşiktaş - RB Leipzig game, Werner has come off after his airplugs he wanted at the first minutes didn't help him handle the atmosphere.
The German side is a very young team and playing their first away game in Champions League. Unfortunately for them, their first European game has been against Beşiktaş. Since we are the loudest in the world, the youngsters were affected badly. Leipzig Coach told at the press conference that the crowd was something else and it prevented us from playing our game for the first 15-20 minutes.

Keita: I've played in many different stadiums and I've never seen such an atmosphere in my life. It was really amazing. Beşiktaş have some great fans.-

The German side is a very young team and playing their first away game in Champions League. Unfortunately for them, their first European away game has been against Beşiktaş. Since we are the loudest in the world, the youngsters were affected badly. Leipzig Coach told at the press conference that the crowd was something else and it prevented us from playing our game for the first 15-20 minutes.

Keita: I've played in many different stadiums and I've never seen such an atmosphere in my life. It was really amazing. Beşiktaş have some great fans.-

The German side is a very young team and playing their first away game in Champions League. Unfortunately for them, their first European away game has been against Beşiktaş. Since we are the loudest in the world, the youngsters were affected badly. Leipzig Coach told at the press conference that the crowd was something else and it prevented them from playing their game for the first 15-20 minutes.

Keita: "I've played in many different stadiums and I've never seen such an atmosphere in my life. It was really amazing. Beşiktaş have some great fans."

Kampl: "I've played in many different stadiums and I've never seen such an atmosphere in my life. It was really amazing. Beşiktaş have some great fans."

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

However I find the point you present that American's don't have emotion in their fan culture simply insulting.

You didn't understand, I didn't present that. Sorry.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I apologize then. Sorry.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sunflash @Golazo Misunderstanding are really some of the biggest problem sometime. Still, respect to you 2 for aplogizing after all. Keep this up guys. +1 :D

Edit: Damn, already upvoted 19 people today it seem. :( Sorry, not enough upvote for the 2 of you. :(

Edit 2: By the way Sun, wouldn't mind seeing some of those link about emotional americain game, seem interesting even though its a bit out of topic.

• History

@Sunflash @Golazo Misunderstanding are really some of the biggest problem sometime. Still, respect to you do for aplogizing after all. Keep this up guys. +1 :D

@Sunflash @Golazo Misunderstanding are really some of the biggest problem sometime. Still, respect to you do for aplogizing after all. Keep this up guys. +1 :D

Edit: Damn, already upvoted 19 people today it seem. :( Sorry, not enough upvote for the 2 of you. :(

@Sunflash @Golazo Misunderstanding are really some of the biggest problem sometime. Still, respect to you 2 for aplogizing after all. Keep this up guys. +1 :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

There is no doubt that in the US there is a big passion for all sports and fans show it from baseball to hockey, I just think that the mentality of the people and the way of doing it is different in other parts of the world and like I said I don't think that being extreme is good, nor should anyone try to copy that.

For example a part of me admires how fans of Boca Juniors love their club, but there is also that other part that thinks that maybe that is too much extreme and not as healthy. That's my opinion.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo I searched a bit and I think it depends what are we going to compare, if an atmosphere is judged before something happens in the game or if the fans are going to affect the game itself there are evidences of that in USA as well:

One example is this:

To explain, the fans of the home team are chanting the name of the opposition team's pitcher to distract him, he gets nervious, drops the ball and later his throw is read by the home team's hitter and the home team goes super happy after the home run is made.
The stadium of less than 40 000 people but the atmosphere was intense.

But if we compare football, I can't really find a suitable comparison because in some parts of the world the culture of football is just too strong to the point where it's not healthy to the people which IMO kills the whole point of it.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Well, I was expecting we would finish at the top as I mentioned in my predictions but did not think it was going to be this easy. 1 point will make us qualify. If we win against Monaco in İstanbul and the other game ends in a draw, we will guarentee the first place at just Matchday 4.

About the loudness; NHL games are really incredible but they have like 100000 fans at their stadiums. We don't even have half of it. From what I know Kansas has the record but we also have 2 records, one of them was against Liverpool if I remember correctly in 2007 (132 Decibels)

The other was at the last game of our previous stadium İnönü (against Gençlerbirliği) which was said to be 141 Decibels

Kansas has the record with 142 Decibels.

Also a few loyal friends who go to every game say that this was the loudest of all but it was not recorded.
Just wait until the silent cheer ends. (In last years Benfica game)

I don't even mention the boos or whistles like how Werner was effected by.

• History

Well, I was expecting we would finish at the top as I mentioned in my predictions but did not think it was going to be this easy. 1 point will make us qualify. If we win against Monaco in İstanbul and the other game ends in a draw, we will guarentee the first place at just Matchday 4.

About the loudness; NHL games are really incredible but they have like 100000 fans at their stadiums. We don't even have half of it. From what I know Kansas has the record but we also have 2 records, one of them was against Liverpool if I remember correctly in 2007 (132 Decibels)

The other was at the last game of our previous stadium İnönü (against Gençlerbirliği) which was said to be 141 Decibels

Also a few loyal friends who go to every game say that this was the loudest of all but it was not recorded.
Just wait until the silent cheer ends.

Just wait until the silent cheer ends. (In last years Benfica game)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

When Seattle sat the decibel record they did so with 67 000 people. I don't believe Arrowhead stadium in Kansas has much more than that, may be lower. That 2007 record is pretty impressive though.

In the USA, we have a few stadiums over 100k, the Big House is Michigan isn't that far from me and it is an example of one, but the VAST majority of stadiums are much smaller than that. Not denying soccer fans can't make noise, just saying that it gets louder in other places and those players manage to deal with it (to various levels of competence). That it shook Werner the way it did I still find to be totally inexcusable.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

You may be right because I don't watch any sports game except football and basketball. Therefore I can only comment about those. USA have some great stadiums I admire and the fans who fill it.

That it shook Werner the way it did I still find to be totally inexcusable.

Yeah, it was inexcusable for a professional.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Here's the deal. NFL has the highest registered decibel level of any sport but.. That noise goes on for 30s - 1min. In European football it goes nonstop. Ive been to both types of games and you can't compare both in terms of impact to the game. Plus, the way soccer stadiums are built give a better acoustic and resonance to the sound made by the crowd which "bothers" the players even more. And finally, If you wanted to compare on a fair basis both scenarios, you should consider that the Arrow Head Stadium (which holds the record for loudest crowd) holds around 76,000 people while the Vodafone Arena (Besiktas) can host 40,000.

You can think what you want about atmospheres, Im just putting facts and considerations out there.