Diego Costa with 5 goal and an assist
Michail Antonio with 5 goal
Romelu Lukaku with 4 goal and an assist
Etienne Capoue with 4 goal and an assist
Zlatan Ibrahamovic with 4 goal
Raheem Sterling with 3 goal and 2 assist
Alexis Sanchez with 3 goal and an assist
Sergio Aguero with 3 goal

Well first off, let met I'm very suprised to see Costa on top of the sheet, for the simple reason that last year, he could hardly be farther off the top of the list of top scorer. Great to see him getting back in form under Conte. Antonio as also be very impressive, scored quite a lot of goal since the beginning of the season (a lot of them thanks to Payet but still), didn't expected a west ham player to be on the sheet especially when you consider they're one of the 3 last team in the league. Lukaku also deserve a shout cause he had very little playing time compared to all the other and has helped his team being much more dangerous as Everton recent results has shown. Etienne Capoue is also an interesting results considering he hadn't score a single time last season, this prove that when you are given the time to get used to the PL, you can thrive in it quite well. Last impressive result for me is Raheem with his 3 goal and his 2 assist. He clearly is doing better than last season and I wouldn't be suprised that it is all thank to Pep, he gonna become a very dangerous player in the future if he keep progressing. Anyway, share you thought on the matter. :D

Edit: Also, I forgot to say it but I'm very impressed by Diego Costa finishing, stat wise, he seem to be very precise, his conversion rate is pretty high. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, the current top goalscorer for the epl are as follow:

Well first off, let met I'm very suprised to see Costa on top of the sheet, for the simple reason that last year, he could hardly be farther off the top of the list of top scorer. Great to see him getting back in form under Conte. Antonio as also be very impressive, scored quite a lot of goal since the beginning of the season (a lot of them thanks to Payet but still), didn't expected a west ham player to be on the sheet especially when you consider they're one of the 3 last team in the league. Lukaku also deserve a shout cause he had very little playing time compared to all the other and has helped his team being much more dangerous as Everton recent results has shown. Etienne Capoue is also an interesting results considering he hadn't score a single time last season, this prove that when you are given the time to get used to the PL, you can thrive in it quite well. Last impressive result for me is Raheem with his 3 goal and his 2 assist. He clearly is doing better than last season and I wouldn't be suprised that it is all thank to Pep, he gonna become a very dangerous player in the future if he keep progressing. Anyway, share you thought on the matter. :D

So, the current top goalscorer for the epl are as follow:

Edit: Also, I forgot to say it but I'm very impressed by Diego Costa finishing, stat wise, he seem to be very precise, his conversion rate his pretty high. :D

Comments
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If Costa was playing at City he could reach a 30 goal season, the guy barely have chances in the game. Same could be said about Ibra.
Actually like we saw at Bayern gotze/pep issue, the youngester scored a World Cup final winner for his nation, absolute legend at 20yo still got benched for life under Pep. Sterling is not stupid, his price tag won't defend him against Pep and he saw Hart and Toure shown the exit. Looks like he is good In deliver or die situation : but it remains sad for teams that pay fortunes not to see their players have a self achieving mentality, anyway Pep has a gun in front of any lazy player there and he uses it pretty well to get his team the consistency of the big teams...

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tiki Muller once said about Pep wanting his player to score against Juventus:

He (Guardiola) told us that he’d cut our balls off. Of course, there are a lot of emotions.

O_O Yeah, I see what you mean by Pep having a gun. But seriously, I think he is good with young player, look how Stone and Sterling are doing at city despite their age, it cannot only be fear. Zlatan as actually the most shot per game (5.4) in the league so I'm not sure I agree when you say that he barely have any chances in the game. ;p

• History

He (Guardiola) told us that he’d cut our balls off. Of course, there are a lot of emotions.

O_O Yeah, I see what you mean by Pep having a gun. But seriously, I think is good with young player, look how Stone and Sterlin are doing at city despite their age, it canot only be fear.

O_O Yeah, I see what you mean by Pep having a gun. But seriously, I think is good with young player, look how Stone and Sterlin are doing at city despite their age, it canot only be fear. Zlatan as actually the most shot per game (5.4) in the league so I'm not sure I agree when you say that he barely have any chances in the game. ;p

O_O Yeah, I see what you mean by Pep having a gun. But seriously, I think he is good with young player, look how Stone and Sterlin are doing at city despite their age, it canot only be fear. Zlatan as actually the most shot per game (5.4) in the league so I'm not sure I agree when you say that he barely have any chances in the game. ;p

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

Is Antonio any good? I've only seen him in one WHU game this season. The guy was utter shite. He scored a lucky tap-in and West Ham won 1-0 I think. He was named man of the match despite being actually the worst player on the pitch. I thought he's a mediocre player, but his numbers are very impressive.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Phenohyte I really don't know, I haven't seen him play a lot but he must still have a good positional sense to score that many goal. He also have decent stat on whoscored.com (7.55 on 10) and have a ratio of 4 shot on goal per game wich isn't too bad. He also seem to be decent in the air. I just have no idea to be sincere if he is good or not. :p

• History

@Phenohyte I really don't know, I haven't seen him play a lot but he must still have a good positional sense to score that many goal. He also have decent stat on whoscored.com (7.55 on 10) and have a ratio of 4 shot on goal per game wich isn't too bad. I just have no idea to be sincere. :p

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I'm most impressed by Capoue for Watford.. Will be interesting to follow him and the impact he has on watford this season..

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Indeed, Capoue will no doubt be very important for Watford and interesting to watch, talking about Watford, I recently realised that they were one of the most aggresive team in the pl, wonder if this has to do with their playing style. :)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

If I had a dollar for every chance Ibra squanders, I would have more money than his transfer fee.

Literally.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I have to say I'm impressed by Costa, he had very few chances. Got 9 shots and 5 goals, amazing. Sterling found himself back, I think a lot of people predicted this with incoming of Guardiola. Capoue is so far surprise of the season?

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sun I really like Ibra but I have to agree with you, he does squander a lot of chance, but then again, its either him or Rooney, so it doesn't change much.

@quikzyyy Costa, Sterling and Capoue all seem a lot more comfortable than last season. Hope they keep this up.

CrazyBoss 8 years ago
Manchester United, Italy 6 323

All these players are gong to be great this season!! But i do believe that if Zlatan had taken all his chances and not stuffed them up he would be on 8 goals. I love the way Capoue is playing, with style and skill to kick important goals for watford-much to the displeasure of me last week!!...;)

And no doubt, due to injuries and so on sergio agruero has missed a few games resulting in him only having 3 goals. during the season i believe he will kick the most goals due to him sim[ply being the most consistent.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@CrazyBoss Also, Aguero take the pen and there is littly doubt in my mind that Raheem will win some penality for MC with his recent form. Will help Aguero catch up no doubt. :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Wow, can't believe its already been 6 month since I writed in this thread. XD Anyway here is the update after... roughly between 32 and 30 games played in total.

1. Lukaku 23 goals and 6 assists
  2. Kane 19 goals and 4 assists
  3. Alexis Sanchez 18 goals and 9 assists :O (those assists)
  4. Zlatan 17 goals and 5 assists and Diego Costa 17 goals and 5 assists (its a draw between those 2 really)
  5. Dele Alli 16 goals and 5 assists
  6. Aguero 16 goals and 0 assists (selfish much, kun? :P)
  7. Hazard 14 goals and 5 assists
  8. Defoe 14 goals and 2 assists
  9. Mané 13 goals and 5 assists
  10. Joshua King 13 and 2 assists (impressive for a bournermouth player)
  11. Son 11 goals and 4 assists :D (first korean to get 10 goal in the epl)
  12. Benteke 11 goals and 2 assists
  13. Llorente 11 goals and 0 assists
  14. Firmino 10 goals and 6 assists
  15. Vardy and Troy Deeney 10 goals and 4 assists
  16. Walcott 10 goals and 2 assists

Here are all the player with a least 10 goal this season. :D That mean over 18 player (considering Zlatan and Costa share 4th place and Vardy and Deeney share 15th place) have scored over 9 goal this season wich is very good in my opinion. :D