Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: What Would Ever Make you Stop Supporting Your Team?
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

After replying to a troll in a thread just now, I started thinking to myself, "is there anything that would ever make me stop supporting the Arsenal?". Whilst mulling it over in my head I wanted to see what other people might come up with. Football is a vehemently tribalist and loyalty is adhered to without question (at least on the fans' part). But what, if anything, could ever make you stop supporting your club?

Just think about it. I don't want to just read 10 responses of "NEVER! I'm X for life!!!"

Comments
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

OK. I'll start. The only thing I could think of is if Arsenal was overtaken by a sugar-daddy who whored his way to success by buying mercenaries and letting go of our loyal players. THAT would go against everything I believe in and only then would I probably stop supporting them.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

^I would second that as well.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'll be honest I have a few:
-if we ever fell below 3rd league I'd still "support" but not watch games or keep up with them. 
-if the team was to be broken up and disappear
-finally if we played horrendous football (park the bus or dirty)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

What's stopping me right now from supporting my team more is Fiorentino Perez. This guy ruined the traditional style of Real Madrid, which was to raise players from the youth system, SPANISH players to be precise, and turn them into superstars with a fantastic coach. This asshole c*nt comes in and wastes money on SO MANY GOOD PLAYERS. Ronaldo, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ricardo Kaka, etc. Come on man, us Madrid fans love Madrid for what it represents, football at its best, not for how many world-class players you can afford.

I mean, I don't mind buying players like Ozil, di Maria, Higuain and turning them into superstars, but spending 30 Million Euros a year isn't what I like to see Real doing. I want them to be the Puskas, di Stefano, and Butragueno Real, not a Spanish form of f*ckin Man City. I personally liked the old Real MUCH better.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@dynastian: that is very interesting. I wonder what your thoughts on Mourinho are as well. Seems like an appropriate manger for a Perez-made team.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mourinho is the type of manager who finds these ridiculously talented players and brings them over to one club. Just look at his buys.

Chelsea - Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho
Inter - Samuel Eto'o, Diego Milito, Wesley Sneijder
Real Madrid - Mesut Ozil, Angel di Maria, Raphael Varane, Sami Khedira

As far as I'm concerned, Mourinho's only bad buy was Shevchenko, which didn't work out AT ALL. But as far as being a good person goes, I would say Mourinho over-does it sometimes. I understand he hates the media, but healthy relationships with your players are necessary for a good team.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

The Departure Of Jack Wilshere.

Sound's like a movie title, lol. I'd still support Arsenal if Jack was sold tbh actually.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Dynastian did you support/like "Los Galacticos" (RM early 2000s team)? I think that's were Real Madrid started just buying starts instead of making them. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@raimondo

I loved the players in Los Galacticos, but I never loved the team. They didn't live up to the expectations that the fans had, mostly because there were TOO many good players on a team. You have to have it evened out. Those players each have their own ego and playing style. You can't just expect them to create perfect football immediately. That's why I respect Barcelona a lot. Their players have been playing together for many many years, and its wonderful to see a team full of homegrown players.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

But yeah, as Puppet said, Death.

Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

If they become like Chelsea or Man City

pr0punter 11 years ago
Melbourne Victory, Australia 1 1

If I'm betting with real money I will support with my wallet so if that means going against my team so be it =) 

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Puppet, what club do you support?

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

If everyone, every kid, begin to support them like Barca, Real or ManU, no personality, only popularity!

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

says a Japanese fans that supports Chelsea! 

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Really never.

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Japan >< Brésil, Spain, Germany
Authenticity >< Popularity
Football fans >< Kids

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

If we had a tyrannical manager who sold everyone.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

@heisinburg i support  Gamba Osaka and our local club here in our country. im just gonna say i love football in europe