Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United agree £15m deal for Wilfried Zaha
Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-agree-15m-deal-1547600

Manchester United have agreed a staggering £15 million deal to sign wonder kid Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace.

Boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been backed by his money men in his bid to land the England starlet and Palace have accepted a fee that guarantees them £10 million.

The extra £5 million will come in appearances and achievements and the whole total is more than the Eagles could refuse for their young attacker.

Palace supremo Steve Parrish - the man who took the club out of administration - haggled for days to get the fee he wants and in the way he asked for.

The final sums are a triumph for the Championship side and also show just how badly Fergie wanted Zaha ahead of rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.

Zaha was given permission to discuss the move with his potential new boss and met him in a top London hotel on Sunday night.

The exciting young forward - an Arsenal fan - is happy to go to Old Trafford and the last detail will be whether he is returned to Palace on loan for the rest of the season.

Palace wanted Zaha to come back but United have paid so heavily for him that they have yet to sort out that major detail between them.

However Zaha will be a United player for years to come, with sources revealing he is signing a long-term deal that will see his wages start at TEN TIMES his current level of £150,000-a-year.

Is Zaha a good transfer???????

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

YouTube him. He's an English Ronaldo/Neymar. 

Joe_Manchester 11 years ago
Manchester United, Egypt 108 627

I was just watching him and here is a clip of his skills ... he is pretty good I think!

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

I think he's overrated.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Is it just me, or is Fergie simply not giving a shit about our back line, anymore? But yes, I think Zaha may be a bit overrated, but time will tell as he'll need it to adapt to the top level. It will surely give him a big boost to be training with the Champs (United).

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Heisinburg, I completely agree with you there.

I think SAF should give him more time to get better... thats why I think players like Rodriguez, Eriksen, Gotze, Alaba & Kovacic should be given more time before they get sold to big clubs.     

Lodatz 11 years ago

I actually rate Zaha quite highly. I won't pretend to have followed him much, but from everything I can find in terms of video footage, he's going to be great. 

Don't forget how many of us (myself included) wrote Ronaldo off as a 'show pony', and said he was overrated, too. I'm in the mood to be more patient, this time around, with a player who looks shockingly similar to him.

(he even took Man U apart when Crystal Palace played them, much like Ronnie did with Sporting)

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

why is sir alex always improving attack? they got plenty of attackers like RVP,rooney,hernandes,welbeck,anderson,nani, kagawa but the defense needs improvement so many cheap goals given away this season. Look at the old defenders like vidic, evra, ferdinand they need better defenders who are fast as well.

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

@ramaboy,

Wow, how do you define 'big clubs'? Aren't Bayern, Dortmund, Porto and Ajax big clubs?

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal was interested in him as i know but 
"Wilfried Zaha: Arsene Wenger denies making Arsenal bid" 

Kirkos 11 years ago
Arsenal, Argentina 10 235

in my opinion Zaha is overrated most of his goals and skills were mainly simple and any decent striker could finish off those chances with ease. 

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

@Golden: I think he just means, a club that has a higher chance of winning a CL. I would cross Dortmund and Bayern out.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

lol probably not gonna happen but funny

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

million photoshopped players every transfer list but then we got only some kid :(

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

i will go with overrated until he shows his skill in a higher league

Lodatz 11 years ago

Like, the PL?