Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Frank Lampard move to City, Manchester City
quikzyyy 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

New York City midfielder Frank Lampard is in talks with Manchester City over a six-month loan deal, according to Sky sources.

The former Chelsea player joined New York City, owned by Manchester City and baseball giants New York Yankees, on July 24.
City face Chelsea on September 21 in the Premier League and it is possible Lampard will be allowed to sit out of the clash. He suggested last year he would not play for another top flight club in England.

He said in May 2013: "I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

Lampard scored 211 goals in 649 matches for Chelsea, becoming the club's record goalscorer but was released by Chelsea at the end of the season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

New York City midfielder Frank Lampard is in talks with Manchester City over a six-month loan deal, according to Sky sources.

The former Chelsea player joined New York City, owned by Manchester City and baseball giants New York Yankees, on July 24.

City face Chelsea on September 21 in the Premier League and it is possible Lampard will be allowed to sit out of the clash. He suggested last year he would not play for another top flight club in England.

He said in May 2013: "I can't imagine playing for anyone else after being 12 years at Chelsea. I've got a lot of respect for a lot of other Premier League clubs, particularly the top ones, but I'm not sure I could have done that."

Lampard scored 211 goals in 649 matches for Chelsea, becoming the club's record goalscorer but was released by Chelsea at the end of the season.

Comments
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Don't care. He is and always will be a legend, and we have no serious rivalry with City. England would be glad to have you back, Lamps! :)

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Money... feel bad for Chelsea fans.

• History

Money... Don't know how to feel for Chelsea fans.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Even if he does, so what... it's not like he have a direct transfer there... Beside Chelsea & MC are not even rival

Dephased 10 years ago
Arsenal, United States 12 501

Is it me for did 70% of the active footyroom community become moderators?

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

More like 50% percent. :P

mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

NY is also Mansour's club right ? This is funny ...

Dephased 10 years ago
Arsenal, United States 12 501

He is a shareolder, not the owner.

bluezz 10 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

What ever happens I will always love you super frank

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

He's joining City...

Im sad, and it just not like a club legend to do that (if it does happen). But, I will always love you Frankie

• History

He's joining City...

Im sad, and it just not like a club legend. But, I will always love you Frankie

awais007 10 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

If he joined city so no problem with us he is still our Legend and always remain our Legend

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Big deal . Happy to see him back in EPL .

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Last time i checked New York City don't play in the EPL and as for Manchester City I'm pretty sure he won't play against us that's if he decided to play some games for Manchester City to begin with.

Volkinator 10 years ago
Chelsea, Sweden 5 122

This sucks

KTBFFHSWE 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

It really sucks. Still, Chelsea fans are overreacting. Lampard IS our best goalscorer through all times. A legend in the Chelsea community. I expect to see a statue of him at Stamford Bridge as soon as he and Terry are done playing (maybe them both) and Abramovich has already promised him work for life at Chelsea.

He's only being loaned out to man city for 6 months, because they share the same owner as New York city FC. After all, their season won't start till next year and he has to maintain his fitness somehow, right? Furthermore, he went out officially and expressed his concerns over playing against Chelsea, which Pellegrini ignored (because he's a ****) but still.. At 36yr old, he won't get much playing time there either. Especially not with their midfield players. So one can question the intentions Pellegrini has to bringing him in..

Lampard=Legend

• History

It really sucks. Still, Chelsea fans are overreacting. Lampard IS our best goalscorer through all times. A legend in the Chelsea community. I expect to see a statue of him at Stamford Bridge as soon as he and Terry are done playing (maybe them borh) and Abramovich has already promised him work for life at Chelsea. He's only being loaned out to man city for ONE season because they share the same owner as New York city FC. After all, their season won't start till next year and he has to maintain his fitness somehow, right? Furthermore, he went out officially and expressed his concerns over playing against Chelsea, which Pellegrini ignored (because he's a cunt) but still.. At 36yr old, he won't get much playing time there either. Especially not with their midfields..So one can question the intentions Pellegrini has to bringing him in..Lampard=Legend

It really sucks. Still, Chelsea fans are overreacting. Lampard IS our best goalscorer through all times. A legend in the Chelsea community. I expect to see a statue of him at Stamford Bridge as soon as he and Terry are done playing (maybe them borh) and Abramovich has already promised him work for life at Chelsea.

He's only being loaned out to man city for ONE season because they share the same owner as New York city FC. After all, their season won't start till next year and he has to maintain his fitness somehow, right? Furthermore, he went out officially and expressed his concerns over playing against Chelsea, which Pellegrini ignored (because he's a ****) but still.. At 36yr old, he won't get much playing time there either. Especially not with their midfield players. So one can question the intentions Pellegrini has to bringing him in..

Lampard=Legend

It really sucks. Still, Chelsea fans are overreacting. Lampard IS our best goalscorer through all times. A legend in the Chelsea community. I expect to see a statue of him at Stamford Bridge as soon as he and Terry are done playing (maybe them borh) and Abramovich has already promised him work for life at Chelsea.

He's only being loaned out to man city for 6 months, because they share the same owner as New York city FC. After all, their season won't start till next year and he has to maintain his fitness somehow, right? Furthermore, he went out officially and expressed his concerns over playing against Chelsea, which Pellegrini ignored (because he's a ****) but still.. At 36yr old, he won't get much playing time there either. Especially not with their midfield players. So one can question the intentions Pellegrini has to bringing him in..

Lampard=Legend

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

call me old fashioned, but he could have gone in some premiership club to keep the fitness. it's like Totti goes 6 months at Milan before going in the US. that would never happen. sorry but, couldn't he just stay at Chelsea till January?

@Dephased
there's a lot of work to do in the highlights :)