{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Frank Lampard effect
Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

Our games this season with & without Lampard

Comments
man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Well this is basically saying if there was no Lampard there would be only 10 players on the team in the 
"Without Lampard" section.

Chelsea, France 81 456

i think lamps should play striker,rather than shitty torres,sounds crazy for lamps to play striker to you but cant let him go too close to goal or even  be given a yard of space

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

What lampard does to the midfield is very unique. He basically controls it, without him there is just a bunch of confused and out of place Chelsea midfield.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

This is kind of stpupid for a picture.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@man utd: "without lampard" does not equate to Subtracting Lampard from the games he played. It is demonstrating the stats for the games Chelsea played in which he was not involved at all.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

these stats do Not surprise me much.
My logic = He may have lost a few yards of pace but he is wiley, his experience helps gives others confidence, and he is a good goal-scorer. 
Chelsea's Logic = he is old. Let's get rid of him.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

give oscar some time im pretty sure you wouldnt miss lampard when he leave chelsea

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Footaholic: I understand what you mean, but have you watched every Chelsea match with and without Lampard this season? He is getting old. It's not just Chelsea's logic but as a fan of Chelsea who watches all their matches logic. In RDM's second season he just did not fit in with the team and ruined the link between the attack and defense (since he was in the pivot role). He goes forward too much as he did in all his previous games before RDM, but now he is getting old and he can't keep up with the new exciting pace of our attack (except Torres LOL) so he ruins the midfield and gives away open counter attacks if we lose the ball. Then it made us rely on our DM Mikel too much which made him our scapegoat because of Lampard. When Ramires was replaced with Lampard everyone finally noticed Mikel's talent and he shined with Chelsea now having Ramires who has enough pace to trace back before the counter attack and enough pace to lead an attack (something the old Lampsy does not possess anymore). But who knows, Lampard might fit with Rafa's Chelsea. He might fit now that we are a bit more defensive.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'd say maybe use Lampard as a super sub. Bring him in after 60 minutes he could change the flow of the game to Chelsea's favour. Speed is great but you can't rely only on speed. You need someone to make the passes and be the brains. Lampard and Riquelme have similar styles. 

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Good thought raimondo. He can be very useful as a super sub.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The point is last year, imo, he was the catalyst to Chelsea's good run of form. The reason? He playes as the deep-lying playmaker and he was good at it. If he can stay in that position without venturing forward too often than I think he would be a better asset than anyone else doing so. See Madrid or Juve or ManU. They have a deep lying playmaker that isn't fast but does a good job. The point is I think if he isued (or coached) properly he is invaluable to you. But hey, I'm not complaining :b

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Lamps is a legend. Bullsh!t if you think otherwise. 

Chelsea, France 81 456

well said gunnerafc