Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Flop or Success?
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

I know opinions are split on this one so here goes!

This thread is to see which of the top 6 teams everyone felt flopped or succeeded last season.

Chelsea won the league title but no other trophy's.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@SunFlash,

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us Chelsea fans said that United succeeded. It was a trademark Mourinho first season, building to the second which I guarantee will be extremely successful. Yeah, 6th seems pretty bad, but CL is all that matters, moving into the next season. Whether you win the Premier league or get in through the EL, you set yourself up for the next season, and that was all Mourinho was ever going to do in his first season.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Even better they are going to play Super Cup against champions of CL , Real . So Spurs finishing second without throphies is a success ? Ask those players if they would have loved to hold at least one throphy ?

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited

@eden

Well because we come from humble way and United has a great history that started in the 90s by hitting the jackpot with manager , golden generation of players and Arsenal being awful challengers . They still can't believe times have changed forever . Try to win three seasons in the row now days . Shiiittt we will be lucky to defend our title this season

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@eden

Well because we come from humble way and United has a great history that started in the 90s by hitting the jackpot with manager , golden generation of players and Arsenal being awful challengers . They still can't believe times have changed forever . Try to win three seasons in the row now days . Shiiittt we will be lucky to win defend our title this season

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Please, whoever voted for Arsenal to be successful last year. SHOW YOURSELF!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Please, whoever voted for Arsenal to be successful last year. SHOW YOURSELF!

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Good thread.

City and Arsenal obviously flopped. Those who think differently. Well, I don't know what to say.

I can understand that Liverpool is debatable. However, I think, given the expectations on them before the season and them securing a 4th spot and CL qualification in fierce competition, that they succeeded.

Most people held City as favorites to win the league before the season,

Thus, the difference between City and Pool lays in the expectation. As someone said, it seems obvious that Pool is building something and took a step in the right direction last season.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

I voted Arsenal had a good season because i was expecting them to finish without a trophy and 6th ..

This is year is Wengers chance to prove that it is easier to win EPL when you aren't playing CL !