Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Fergie As Mesut Monitor
hazim_adq 11 years ago
Manchester United, Spain 7 2

Mesut Ozil back in the radar of Manchester United after the report mentions that the playmaker is considering his future at Real Madrid. German international player 24-year-old joined Real from Werder Bremen with grand two years ago. But he is no longer a choice under Jose Mourinho since the arrival of Luka Modric and he insisted resources more unhappy. United manager Alex Ferguson has asked to be given information about each development and will be at the forefront if Real decide to sell the player. Fergie still looking for a replacement for Paul Scholes, 38, who almost certainly will retire for the second time at the end of this season. If you choose to let Ozil Real, the Spanish club wants axle twice the price of £ 12 million that has them roll over to Bremen. And United actually still have money to spend after failing to get Eden Hazard and Lucas Moura last summer. Ozil paid £ 110,000 a week at the Bernabeu, where it is consistent with the structure of salaries at Old Trafford as well as age appropriate enough in terms of resale value.

Comments
PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

ffs leave now if you dont want to be the next kaka in real madrid shirt

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Sounds very tempting to me. I play FIFA10 (yes, I'm old like dat), and I bought Ozil as a manager for United, hehe.
Realistically, I think he's the real deal for us. A very versatile winger who is fast, skilful, and visionary. I would buy him if he's demanding an exit. But as a replacement for Paul Scholes? That's ridiculous. I consider Ozil as more of a winger than a CM. If Paul Scholes needs replacement (which I believe can never happen), it should be an English player. I think Nick Powell can almost turn himself into a replica of him.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

1- I think Ozil is best as a CAM not a winger (especially as United like to use out-and-out wingers like valencia & Nani).
2- Fergie doesn't like to buy Germans
3- Even if he was interested, this isn't the position he needs to fill as he just bought Kagawa this year. He needs to fill the deep-lying player role ala Xabi Alonso.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

wait. Who said Fergie dislikes buying Germans? Where did you hear that from?

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

I don't think he would leave Madrid for United. 

CristianoRonaldo7 11 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 2 71

@Footaholic , Why would a great manager like Ferguson defuse to buy german players? Maybe its your opinion but not him. But yes i have to say if Ozil joins ManU then Kagawa must leave because they both have the same posistion and if Ozil leaves us then Modric will take over his place..

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

ozil is smart,madrid are a bigger club than man u,this news is bulshit

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Really? People said the same about Hazard, he had the chance to join Madrid and City once, but in the end he joined Chelsea.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

That's because Hazard whored himself to the biggest bidder and everyone knows it. That takes nothing away from his sublime talent though and Chelsea are happy to have landed him.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

well either way, I'd definitely be delighted if he comes to our club. And yes, Fergie does sign Germans....young Germans.

Chelsea, France 81 456

@footahiolic well actually arsenals bid for hazard was accepted they could not come to personal terms cause arsenal cant afford his wages

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Jeffrey_Hazard: Or it could be that he chose Chelsea because they won the CL and edged Spurs out of it. Hazard is on record stating that if Chelsea had not won it, he would be a Spurs player right now. Don't get me wrong, Chelsea did well to get him, and he can't be blamed for that decision, but all the supposed links with Arsenal were just Wenger blowing hot air. All he did was bid for Hazard, nothing more. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@Foota: Actually Hazard is the only chance to redress Chelsea from the crisis.

Chelsea, France 81 456

@lodatz why would he go spurs?where 4th place is an accomplishment?hazard to spurs were rumors,he was very close to join arsenal,man u,man city,its just that they think hazard wages demands are not worth it,he gets 185,000 pounds per week by the way.after we won the cl he joined us

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@lodatz, I'm not sure where you heard that but, honestly at the end of the day he was only going to 1 of 2 clubs: City or Chelsea. I think Chelsea won out b/c City were trying to get their FFP in order (laughs uncontrollably to self) & Their forward line was already too crowded. 

From what I know, he was scouted by Wenger like 2-3 years ago and Arsenal said they'd keep an eye out b/c Lille were still challenging for the title & weren't ready to part with him

Like countless other before him, he was sniffed out & blew up the following years which made him too expensive for us. Simples.

Lodatz 11 years ago

It's not something I just made up, guys. Obviously as a Spurs fan I could offer a biased opinion as to why we'd be an attractive prospect, but Hazard himself is the one who said it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2208080/Eden-Hazard-joined-Tottenham.html

Don't forget that before our self-implosion in January, Spurs were 10 points clear for 3rd place, and only 3 points shy of first. I'm not saying at all that Hazard made a bad choice, because Chelsea are a bigger name by far, and the Manchester bidding war was a sideshow, but he was far closer to wearing lily-white that red and white.

I'm probably just nit-picking, but it seemed strange that people were linking him with the Gunners when all the news at the time said otherwise. Either way, it's academic, as he's a Blue now, and won't be moving for a few years at least.

Lodatz 11 years ago

This is the closest I can find for the Arsenal link:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/913566-eden-hazard-was-close-to-becoming-an-arsenal-player-arsene-wenger

I mean, it's just Wenger saying that he put in a bid, that's all. Sure he might speculate upon what may or may not have happened, or he could even speculate on Hazard's feelings, but at the end of the day the difference is that one claim is being made by Wenger, while the other has come from the player himself, right?