Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Lionel Messi
Dynastian98 13 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi

The fight has been going on for YEARS. The two best young talents since Ronaldo in 1999.
Stats- CR7 - 54 Appearances, 53 Goals, 14 Assists
LM10 - 55 Appearances, 53 Goals, 24 Assists
So whos better?
-Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are both ruthless finishers. There's no need to compare there. They are the last people you want on a breakaway against your team.
-They're both extremely speedy, with Leo on the edge on Acceleration and CR7 on the edge in Sprint Speed
-Ronaldo is a beast in the air. he can score a header from almost anywhere. Now you can't blame MEssi for his height so we'll leave Leo out of this for now
-Vision : Lionel has just OUTSTANDING vision. Those 24 assists didn't come from anywhere you know. But not that Ronaldo doesn't have great vision either. It's just that CR7's isn't good enough for him to use every time he touches the ball. So Messi wins this one. Undoubtedly.
-Ronaldo can score from ANYWHERE. Distance. Penlties. Headers. Dribbles. Set Pieces.
Not that Leo can't score from these but he just isn't as good as the Beast over in this category.

• Dribbling : Ronaldo=Tricks Messi=Magic
    Lionel Messi is the BEST dribbler I have seen. The guy just floats past the defenders without even breaking a sweat. Sometimes I think that God kinda over-powered the guy.
    Ronaldo is a brilliant dribbler. His tricks, finesse, and touch of the ball is unmatched, but I don't find his dribbling as effective as Messi's because Ronaldo needs space to dribble, and if he can't find that space he shoots for goal.
  • Stamina : I think CR7 wins this one. Messi only improved his stamina this year, he had crap stamina before. Ronaldo always keeps sprinting to the full 90 minutes.

Overall jurisdiction : Messi wins. Barely. As a Real Madrid fan I would not hesitate to say that Messi wins. But I hope I gave you guys some brain food because Leo is in a team full of playmakers, Ronaldo can only get the attention of the likes of Ozil, di Maria, and Benzema. So feel free to criticize and share your opinions. Chao

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Cristiano Ronaldo is the real Cristiano Ronaldo, first Euro title for Portugal with him, first golden ball for a Manchester United player since George Best, broke the goal scoring record for the best club in the world Real Madrid and won the league and Champions league multiple times, something that the Ronaldo from Brazil was unable to do with any club he played for.

Messi for Argentina didn't win any Copa America, no World Cup, Maradona won the World Cup and won the Serie A with Napoli, so far the only team in Italian football history from the south of Italy to win the league, he also won UEFA Cup.

Maradona > Messi as a national player any day of the week.

Messi for Barcelona is something special but in Argentina not at all the same.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Haha so your logic only applies when it suits you :
Maradona > Messi Because World Cup
CR7 > Ronaldo phenomeno : because golden boot.

Genius sir.

And I'm pretty happy I guessed your reply about WC doesn't matter in Ronaldo vs Phenomeno case, it only applies when it suits you...

That takes any credibility from you, and makes this debate pointless cause you're not going to give up even in front of contradiction.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Haha so your logic only applies when it suits you :
Maradona > Messi Because World Cup
CR7 > Ronaldo phenomeno : because golden boot.

Genius sir, good night.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Because Maradona played for more than just one good team, this is why it's easy for me to compare Ronaldo players since they both played for Real Madrid and changed clubs, Messi is safe with Barcelona but in his national team he had shown a different side of him over the years.

This is what I wrote in the thread about comparing two Ronaldos:

Cristiano Ronaldo is my pick.

The man is the best professional player of all time first of all, all coaches that saw him or trained him have said so and we are talking about some of the best managers of all time.

Second Cristiano Ronaldo didn't have any big injury problems in his career so far and he is still in top shape, where the brazilian has had much more ups and downs in his career.

Third, records. In Manchester United he became the best player since George Best. He scored +50 goals in 5 campaigns, he broke Real Madrid goal record and has had the highest goal ratio in the history of La Liga, then he scored 17 goals in one season of Champions league but ok he also is the only player that won the Golden Shoe four times.

He is the best European football player in football history, this is why I would pick him over the great brazilian Ronaldo, simply Cristiano has been a more consistant player.

So my general opinion is Maradona > Messi and Cristiano > Ronaldo.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Even if you value Brazilian team as small as Portugal, Ronaldo from Brazil won the World Cup while both Messi and Cristiano didn't but Cristiano won Euro.

So in that case it's Maradona>Ronaldo>Cristiano Ronaldo>Messi.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Too late...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

This is why I look at the whole picture, and I don't see Messi doing as great for his national team since he didn't win anything yet but of course in Barcelona that's another story.

This is why Cristiano wrote history in more than one club, he won with both big clubs and his national team.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

In the end of the day, I have a more complexed and developed analysis while you speak just like a biased fan with no real opinion other than showing obvious favoritism.

I don't change my points each 3 seconds at least, you set a trap for yourself and you fell in it, i just helped you. Be fair play. We can make another time even in my wall if you want, here it's just over.
Lost for lost to keep some credibility you could admit Phenomeno > Cr7 Because of world cups, your only argument against Messi... but you couldnt resist and destroyed your only argument, next time be smarter... even if you don't have beliefs...

• History

I don't change my points each 3 seconds at least, you set a trap for yourself and you fell in it, i just helped you. Be fair play. We can make another time even in my wall if you want, here it's just over.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I'm sorry but I explained everything plain and simple.
I don't see how I changed my opinion, when I said that Cristiano has done more for his country and played with more heart compared to Messi once, I stated it again.

So try to explain what you mean? Or maybe show that you actually have a real opinion and not just blant favoritism?

I clearly said that I prefer Cristiano over the Ronaldo from Brazil and even copy pasted my answer from another thread, what have you done in that matter? Right, zero.
My only thought is that if you feel that the Ronaldo from Brazil has something over Cristiano which is the World Cup, he also has it over Messi as well, which is pointed out clearly as day but my argument is towards Messi being inferior in his national team compared to Cristiano and Portugal, so how is that you think that I destroyed my argument?

I think you have much problems understanding people older than you due to the fact of your emotions taking over your judgement so you want to search for some non-existant loop holes to feel safe when your favoritism doesn't protect you.

Problem is, you using words like "too late" and "destroying argument" when you never actually stated anything related to the subject is making you look rather desperate, which isn't common for the french, at least the ones I met are far less emotional and more open to ideas, I wonder if this exposes your age group or not, but that's off topic.

• History

I'm sorry but I explained everything plain and simple.
I don't see how I changed my opinion, when I said that Cristiano has done more for his country and played with more heart compared to Messi once, I stated it again.

So try to explain what you mean? Or maybe show that you actually have a real opinion and not just blant favoritism?

I clearly said that I prefer Cristiano over the Ronaldo from Brazil and even copy pasted my answer from another thread, what have you done in that matter? Right, zero.
My only thought is that if you feel that the Ronaldo from Brazil has something over Cristiano which is the World Cup, he also has it over Messi as well, which is pointed out clearly as day but my argument is towards Messi being inferior in his national team compared to Cristiano and Portugal, so how is that you think that I destroyed my argument?

I think you have much problems understanding people older than you due to the fact of your emotions taking over your judgement so you want to search for some non-existance loop holes to feel safe when your favoritism doesn't protect you.

Haha first the older are always right, then it's the French singularity... yeah probably ;)
Thumb yourself up if that give you any consolation dude. Nothing can take out your contradiction, and you can edit but not delete...

As I said lost for lost, the best option you had since Maradona in your eyes is better than Messi due to World Cup wich remained arguable if you put World Cup over any stat or other silverware, is to admit that Phenomeno is better than Cr7 for the same reasoning... because again you put World Cup over stats and Palmares...
The little fanboy inside you no matter your age couldnt resist, and you have shown a blatant contradiction depending on who you support, it was over since. Nothing could make you escape the corner you put yourself on in my eyes...peace.

• History

Haha first the older are always right, then it's the French singularity... yeah probably ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

You hardly prove me wrong, which is sad and confirms what I said. That's most likely the main reason why mods tolerate everything you say and ban other over nothing, they see you are too young for a mature discussion and need to be careful how to deal with you.

At least it's easy for me to point out some facts and how I see things from a neutral point of view, while everything you say is about your own pre-made biased favoritism towards whoever you like.

So yea, Cristiano won Euro with his national team and won with both Manchester United and Real Madrid, Mesi is so far only Barcelona glory player.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

enter image description here

THAT says alot. Officially no more need to debate between messi and maradona

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Pretty sure Maradona would have even better stats if he played in Barcelona 2008-2012 :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@tiki @golazo To be fair, thats an opinion, so it isn't really right or false. You can simply don't agree, nothing wrong with that. Try not to get personnal anyway but otherwise, great debate you got going there. Keep up the good work guys. :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes it's an opinion but at least my own is backed by some stats, it's easy to push Messi pointing out how he is good with Barcelona ( who isn't right?) but when you see that Maradona won for more teams it all makes my opinion a big more valid and developed.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo One thing I understood from being online is that there not a singe point who is more valid to some people. Every people got their own opinion, certain are delude or misguided, but above all else, if they think something, 90% of the time, you will never be able to change their mind on the topic, thats just how the internet work sadly. Still, it make for interesting debate but can get nasty when either side ignore each other arguement.

Anyway, on the topic, yes, I agree Messi has won with less team than Maradona. However, Messi was a youth player from Barca and it meant he didn't actually got to play with a lot of other team. Its also worth noting Argentina with Messi in it as alway suffered from poor management, poor form from its player and a tendency to choke. Maradona meanwhile won the world cup at another time in history, where football was played differently, a talented attacker could do a much bigger difference because defense played in a different manner than today. Also, lets not forget Maradonna did the hand of god as well during world cup and failed a drug test at one point, wich goes to prove he would sometime cheat his way into success. In my opinion, Maradona and Messi are very different player who played at different moment in time and with different team-mate and manager. I don't think its really possible to compare them myself.

Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

Messi is more talented but he is a pusssy while Ronaldo is a fighter.