{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Championship play-off final offers £290m prize
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Nothing compares to the Championship play-off final for financial rewards

enter image description here
On Monday, Huddersfield Town and Reading will battle it out for what is considered the most valuable match in world football.

Promotion to the Premier League for either club will see an uplift in revenue of at least £170m, rising to more than £290m if they survive their first season in the Premier League. The higher up the Premier League the club finishes in 2017/18, the higher their revenue will be (£2m per finishing position). Over the past 10 seasons to 2016/17, 18 (60 per cent) of the 30 promoted clubs have avoided relegation in their first season in the Premier League.

Huddersfield Town v Reading

Date: Monday 29th May 2017

Kick-off: 3:00pm

Venue: Wembley Stadium

Comments
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

What a story. Congrats, Huddlesfield!

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

this is the youtuber i was talking about. they recorded his reaction to the winning penalty. 10:18 if anyone wants to watch it ;)

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@KTB

Thanks, and yeah I know that the chances of them actually playing for the first team are slim, but every step in the right direction is something. Especially for their careers, regardless of who they play for. Like Marcus, I was really hopeful about Bamford. He's got immense talent and the perfect attitude. Could have been a regular, especially during our struggles in 15/16.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@nanda actually, they didn't the only goal their "scored" in the semifinal was an own goal :D

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@eden And every step in increasing their value and then selling them on is something too I guess. I too had hopes for Bamford but in the end, he just wasn't good enough. And now he's back at Middlesbrough. See if he can revive the success he had 2 years ago when they played in the championship.