Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Player VS #009 Thibout Courtois VS David De Gea
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Thanks to Vendetta for suggesting this one! So will win? Two of the best young goalkeepers this year....

Both:

Courtois:

De Gea:

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

IMO Courtois wins. I can't wait to see him in the WC! (If he gets chosen over Vorm)

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

vorm is dutch keeper :D Mignolet is Belgium keeper :P

awais007 11 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Courtois is best

Iraqi_Madridista 11 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

De Gea will never be in Spain's squad. Because they already have many GK's.

man_utd 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

de Gea ofc

netsten 11 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Courtois > De Gea
@ramaboy Vorm, really ?
Belgian keepers are Courtois / Mignolet / Casteels.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Courtois > De Gea
@ramaboy Vorm, really ?
Belgian keepers are Courtois / Mignolet / Casteels.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

Courtois

BluntCanon 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 10 231

Courtois.. i bought him when i play FIFA 13.. he's good..

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

^ lol fifa isnt the same as in real life you know :p but yeah however amazing de gea is courtois is just tht litlle bit better

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

From the videos above all I can say is that De Gea had more difficult saves to do and is more impressive than Courtois. until you find a better saves video for Courtois my vote goes to De Gea. and both are a great young Goalkeepers anyways.

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9009

I agree with Alex!
United fans: De Gea
Chelsea fans: Courtois

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Both are very promising! Hard to choose.

@Iraqi_Madridista, Idk about that. He's currently the best young prospect that Spain has. Maybe not for this upcoming World Cup but who knows.

WayneRooney 11 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

They both are amazing, i seen the cope del rey final where Courtois made amazing saves it was really jaw dropping, but that is the only match i seen him play in, and David De Gea is getting better, just like Courtois, he made jaw dropping saves and also saves that made United win

i still remember that Save Vs Mata in the 90th min

i only seen 1 match of Courtois, so i am going to go with De Gea

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Courtois.

-Broke two records for Atletico this season
-Won the Europa League at the age of 19
-Won the Zamora award at the age of 20
-20 cleansheets last season
-28 goals conceded last season
-820 minutes without conceding at home (record #1)
-618 minutes without conceding away (record #2)
-Single handedly saved Atletico in the Copa Del Rey final
-ManUtd's defense > Atletico's defense
-His handling is better than Cech's, Casillas' and many more world class keepers. Its that good
And the controversial one...

-A far better keeper than De Gea was when at Atletico

Vendetta 11 years ago

Here is Courtois only at the age of 17/18. He was destined for greatness after that season with Genk.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ven

+1. But there's one thing you didn't mention, and that's that Atletico have a better defense than United. Sure, United have FAR more talent than Atleti in midfield and offense to ever lose to them, but in terms of pure defense, Atletico's is more organized than United's. That was also a key factor in Courtois' clean sheets (their defense is so good, Courtois barely touched the ball in some games).

Vendetta 11 years ago

I've watched many Atletico matches last season to see Courtois. More than ManUtd matches. And you're right that they have a great defense. Yet still, I find it hard to believe that they have the better defense. ManUtd last season had, and still have a great defense mixed with a great offense that rarely lost the ball. But obviously, SAF had the biggest impact last season.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ven

Well, I'm not gonna argue, but I just wanted to point out that Atletico certainly have the best defense in all of Spain right now. Certainly better than Real's inconsistent defense, and Barcelona's nonsense defense.

Vendetta 11 years ago

Definitely. There is no doubt about that. So lets leave it at that :)

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Let me start off by saying that these two goalkeepers are the best in their age bracket and will probably be the Casillas and Buffon of the next generation. Having said that, my vote goes to De Gea. I know this might sound harsh, but the reason I choose him is because he plays in the EPL. Both are very similar goalkeepers in terms of reflexes and foot work, but one thing that Courtois still needs to prove is that he can be effective in the air and able to have presence in his box. When De Gea was transferred to United as the most expensive goalkeeper in the EPL, no one was doubting his shot-stopping abilities (he had a 77.9% saves-to-shot ratio, the best in the PL in 2011-12), but he was very unconvincing in the air and was often bullied around by the opposing teams, especially teams that played long balls and were dangerous from set pieces. However, he came back the next season and managed to get himself in the PFA team of the year. The fact of the matter is La Liga is less physically demanding of goalkeepers. De Gea is a proof of that. Therefore, De Gea for me is a more complete goalkeeper and when Courtois comes back in a Chelsea jersey as a worthy successor to Cech, then we can make a better comparison.